Monday, December 06, 2004

like a book, but with less paper and a longer chorus. oh, by the way.

We’re going to repeat the chorus


So I became one of those people everyone is afraid of, the “crazy camera people”. Every dollar that was thrown my way went into a big shoebox under my bed, which would then go to the online Surveillance Superstore, who would then, ship a little brown box with a camera, or a monitor to my house. I had these crazy daydreams, where I would play out scenarios of my family and I getting killed by the "Shania Twain Samurai", each time it seemed to get crazier and crazier. But one can only stand these images for so long, so I shot myself, straight in the throat, because I wanted to go out like Lennon did. Except for I didn’t really shoot myself with a gun, I shot myself with a word, and it only escaped from my throat, it didn’t rip through my larynx, decorating everything behind me with Holiday cheer. The word was, coincidentally, larynx, and I said it straight to my computer screen. I didn’t actually expect my computer screen to respond, but it didn’t really surprise me when it did. “Bop it!” “Bop yourself you plastic mother fucker!” I gripped the edges of the flat screen, picked it up, and threw out the window, knocking out a camera in the process. “Alarm Noise! Alarm Noise! Alarm Noise!” “Fuck these goddamn alarms!” I hopped straight out of my window, and straight out of existence. When my feet landed, they landed on nothing. Quick! Sense Check! I felt like I weighed 300 pounds, my entire body threatened to crush through the non-existent ground, I smelled my mother’s steak tacos, my ears were overwhelmed with a blaring guitar solo, I couldn’t see anything but the noise of the guitar. This is a hard one to explain: the sound looked like a blazing light, like looking straight into the sun, yet keeping your eyes fully open, and being without pain. Intermittent flashes of black came at every note change, giving my brain the shortest of reprieve every few milliseconds. The smell was gone, the noise was gone, but I could hear every sound with my eyes, the miniscule pupils translating flashes into an immaculate symphony, kaleidoscopic sounds. The sound pushed itself into my every crevice, forcing me inwards. I was crushing myself! My lungs were flattening, my organs emptied of whatever substances were running through them, my blood burst out of my fingertips and my temples, the marrow of my bones was squashed as the hard white outside crushed down on it. The guitar was going to empty me of life! But. It had. And I was able to think about my peril. Where… My… my… my “me” “blinked” but without eyes, without senses without function, the “world” slid into “focus” and I “saw” what it really was. I was lifted into a different place, but the same place. I “saw” every little thing. I could see the every single last thought of every single person on the entire “world” sliding from one part of their “brain” to the other. I “saw” each beings LIFE. A fuzzy glow that flew across everything that was always there, but never visible. I “saw” happiness, a slimy translucent thing, with no way to describe it, and it coated everything on the earth, but it was dimmer for each person. The strands of time draped from every little thing in a path from where it had all come from, and each strand seemed anchored to a single spot, where “nothing” lay. Where nothing at all, no dirt, no rocks no light, no black, no anything. Clear, non-existent “space”. I was suddenly conscious like I never had been before. I was alive, and I “knew” it. I actually grasped a concept of knowing, and I “knew” that I had done so. But there was one place where I could not see, One big gaping hole in my now “perfect” vision. But that couldn’t happened because I knew everything, and I saw everything and I was aware of everything, AND I actually knew something. What was it that I couldn’t see? *Crescendo* I peered over the tub of newfound understanding, and saw a boy, his hands bloody as he gripped an empty window frame, looking down upon a ruin of plastic and metal. And he didn’t “know” that computers even had metal in them.

There was no possible way to explain what I was trying to convey with words, so try your best to use your imagination, and I hope one day, you can see what I have seen.

1 comment:

tirzah said...

without senses without function, the “world” slid into “focus” and I “saw” what it really was.




what i just wrote on my hand: "remind tommy how awesome he is"