Thursday, February 21, 2008

I thought about it more than once.

My life is great, but with enough creativity one can bitch about anything.

The reach of my romantic life ends abruptly at about 6:30 every Tuesday and Thursday evening. She's fucking 16 years old and I like to pretend that matters to me. I like to pretend girls don't matter to me. That I'm above that. or that I'm waiting for the right one. But in my head I'm playing the same sick fantasies every other man does, just never acting upon them. I suppose thats the difference. Maybe I'm not in control my thoughts but only of my actions, and within my control of those actions lies the difference between me and every closed-fist-behind-back drunk guy scamming at every party. Not that I'm trying to be self-righteous or anything, Nanye got more ass last weekend than I have in three years, but for some reason I'm able to exert that control over myself and not think twice about it. Why is that? Where's the difference between me and every other man?

If this blog were simply an index of quotes, would anyone read it? I feel like so many people are more interesting things than I am. I was listening to Atmosphere as I was on the bus yesterday and Slug said something that made me think so much of myself. That doesn't even make sense.

I hate this blog. I'm trying to force it too much. The quote is this.


"all the self-proclaimed prophets, dressed up to look like poets, pretending to be martyrs that they're not"

No comments: