I'll go against the grain and say I'm having a good summer.
romance flitting between leaves on a zip line through a forest, the same I lie in, on my back with a joint in my mouth sketching the trees and her name and cool clean river water. Franzia dripping down my chin, a warm belly precursor to butter-sauce pasta. Good music, her voice a cigarette unfurling in a black New York jazz, touching my dreams; I have to wake up for camp in less than three hours. and the lifeguard thinks I'm cute. a minor bun engine made Benny Lava, and Aneko made my day wearing that scarf soaked with beer, Joe making my day with two dozen doughnuts, Shane letting me slide with an 1 and a half lunch break. and where was I? Beside the water, thinking about holding hands and roasted red peppers, a 60 cent Dutch Crunch Roll floating off for the birds; how would 'Us' work? Swerving drunk on my bicycle, yelling poetry to myself and anyone who happens to be walking their dog, never remembering what I said in the morning. and maybe that's the most important part. Sebastian Brown. Winning the naked backstroke race. Masturbating in the open mountain air, swimming naked with snorkel gear on, dreaming of a digital camera.
2.1 weeks done and even if I'm the only one, I feel good.
Maybe it's all a problem with perspective.
2 comments:
so it turns out i have a blogspot username from a class i took a while ago... and yes i knew that and no i didn't want to write anything on here but something desperately needs to be said.
everything is going to be fine. i hate that sumsumma might have gotten a bumpy start but perhaps we all put so much goddamn pressure on it that it was destined to fail. lets calm down and enjoy ourselves. im moving to fucking london, i dont want to leave being glad i'm not coming back. we all love each other and we love our jobs (most of the time) so lets snap the fuck out of it, huh? some effort is in order but it'll be fine.
i realize other situations are a little trickier, i dont want to excuse those consequences. but how long can we let an impossible situation linger over something that could be/ always has been so great? we'll live and be grateful because at least it was there.
camp should be a haven for us when everything else is strange, it should never be the other way around.
i hope you boys all read this. i'm not really sure how this works...
Wow, Stacy Kaney in the blogging world. Strange to see all these Camp names here, this has always been something I associated with my more 'artsy' or 'literary' friends. Exciting to see though, nonetheless.
I was going to say something about this summer and Us, but talking about it like it's this 'concept' kinda freaks me out. We're just a summer camp goddamnit.
Besides we all know the best medicine is for us to get rip-roaring drunk and makes asses out of ourselves.
Tomorrow night, maybe? =)
Post a Comment