Barak Obama has alot of nice things to say about what this country should and should not be doing. I do not envy his job in the slightest. Scrutiny from an over-eager foreman is enough for me, I can't imagine an entire country watching my every move and with jobs and lives in the balance.
--
My lower back and knees are slugged after a day spent kneeling on second floor joists installing LVL blocks and A35 clips. Another couple hours tomorrow morning and then we'll be laying down subfloor, probably framing on Monday and all the shear walls up by Friday next week.
I think its so cool that I go to work and build houses. Not the "build houses" that people say they're doing when they're volunteering in New Orleans smearing a little bit of Sheetrock compound (I include my former self in this slander) but actually taking a piece of ground and building a building on top of it. Pretty amazing to see. Makes me feel strong.
--
I suppose there isn't much more for me to say here. I was enjoying the initial momentum of the last couple posts and thought I might give that feeling a little nudge in case I have something interesting to say here in the near future. Until then, you have my trivialities.
With love
No comments:
Post a Comment