somedays I miss the days of working construction. I miss the rhythm of hard-paced lifting and sweating and swinging of hammers; the feeling of the end of the day tired and spent but relaxed finally. something accomplished. i really miss the money. never thinking when I swiped my card, never asking people to hold checks for me. buying trucks and laptops and bikes and plane tickets, never checking a balance anywhere.
but today is Friday and I didn't have an alarm set. I spent the morning stretching and reading and packing my bags for this weekend. I wore cut-off jeans and sperrys and rode my bike around the neighborhood I live in, people smoking weed on their porches on 4/20. and then I think maybe it's possible to love your life no matter what you're doing, so long as you look at it the right way. I'll go down to the library later and then see my parents for dinner. its warm outside and people are moving around doing their things.
No comments:
Post a Comment