Wednesday, November 02, 2016


 today people said several things to me.

a construction superintendent:

"when I go to heaven, I'm gonna have six pack abs"

barrel chested grey haired saying this to me completely without irony

"i wouldn't say this to just anybody in this company, what with HR and all that bullshit, but I know you're a good guy Thomas and I can tell you that, personally, for me, Jesus Christ is the only answer"

i was leaned back in a rolling chair

"there are only a few rules in this life. but if you can love God and love other people then there are a lot of incredible things waiting for you in the next. rewards that you could never imagine. that's what I believe, personally"

later, i am drinking wine with my roommate and she tells me:

"the baby died. the one I told you about the other night? the one with amniotic fluid in her lungs?"

i had forgotten that she told me this, which is a poem unto itself

"and what's crazy is that the night she died, i had a dream about her. she was three years old and she appeared to me and her brothers. the baby. i told them it was okay, that she was okay, and then i let them touch her so they could see that she was real"

my roommate said this without irony because that's just the way she is.


later, in the hole of the internet:

"mars stations direct poem is incredible. read Ocean Vuong's Night Sky with Exit Wounds as soon as you can
i started writing poetry
it's been coming out in lines for the past few months and I started to put a few together
it's pretty new territory for me
do you still write poetry?"

and then i said some things i hoped would make seem like i'm not drowning in everyday nothingness routine

"anyways, i gotta get to work. another big send out next week to agents. i changed a bunch of the POVs in the first half from third to first. And have just been finding ways to make it better and make myself like it more. I might ask you to read through the second half before Dec. 1. the plan is to be done with a solid draft of the whole thing by then. if you have time that'd be cool. just to see how it reads and how it feels considering you read the first half. yeah those stories definitely stuck with me. the robot women on a line journal entry story is really good too are you there yet?"

hey

i had to look up auspicious on Google just to be sure what it meant.

i am glad tumblr doesn't have a viewcounter.



atm1

No comments: